The Pew Research Center’s Internet and American Life Project
http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2010/Future-of-the-Internet-IV.aspx has been released. Among the questions posed in the web survey to scientists, business leaders, consultants, etc. are:
- Will Google make us stupid?
- Will the internet enhance or detract from reading, writing, and rendering of knowledge?
- Is the next wave of innovation in technology, gadgets, and applications pretty clear now, or will the most interesting developments between now and 2020 come “out of the blue”?
- Will the end-to-end principle of the internet still prevail in 10 years, or will there be more control of access to information?
- Will it be possible to be anonymous online or not by the end of the decade?
Submitted by Dowell Eugenio, Informatics Academic Adviser