TRUST-REU 2011: Summer Undergraduate Research Experience in Cyber Security and Trustworthy Systems
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2011
PROGRAM DATE: June 6 — July 29, 2011
LOCATIONS: UC Berkeley, Cornell University, Stanford University, Vanderbilt University
CONTACT: Dr. Kristen Gates — (510) 642-3737
ONLINE APPLICATION: http://www.truststc.org/reu/
Additional information can be found at our website: http://www.truststc.org/education
The Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technology (TRUST) will sponsor 12 undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds and cultures, to participate in the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience located at TRUST partner campuses: UC Berkeley, Cornell University, Stanford University, Vanderbilt University.
These students will be working with graduate student and faculty mentors throughout the summer performing research and supporting activities in the area of information technology and TRUST related topics.
An example of past TRUST research topics have included:
- Evaluating the Impact of Security Attacks on Cyber-Physical Systems
- Evaluating of Packet Delay and Loss on a Network Control System in DETER Testbed
- Detecting User Activities using the Accelerometer on Android Smartphones
- Cookie Blocking and Privacy
- Evaluating Cryptographic Capabilities and Efficiency for Devices with the Android Platform
- Design of a Distributed Tracking System for Camera Networks
- Identifying Software Security Vulnerabilities using Fuzz Testing
- Time Synchronization Security in Sensor Networks
- Implementation of an Electronic Medical Record System
- Analysis of Wireless Connectivity in Sensor Network Deployments
This is an excellent opportunity for students to conduct research directly with our faculty in an eight-week program. Our program is made possible by the generous support of the National Science Foundation.