The Evans School student interest groups are hosting Jim Manis, founder of The Mobile Giving Foundation, for a discussion about starting one’s own non-profit and the potential of mobile technology for fundraising and development.
When: Tuesday, February 8
Time: 12:00 to 1:00pm
Where: Parrington Hall, Room 112
- Have you thought about starting your own non-profit or foundation?
- Do you think the idea of using mobile technology to help in fundraising could be the wave of the future?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then join the Evans SIG Brown Bag Series we host Jim Manis, Evans School alum and founder of the Mobile Giving Foundation.
“The Mobile Giving Foundation brings the power and reach of mobile phones to nonprofit organizations as a new fundraising and donor interaction mechanism. Through the Mobile Giving Foundation, non profits can leverage the ubiquity of mobile without the complexity, expand and cultivate a new base of givers and create permissive donor interaction.”
Jim will discuss:
- How mobile technology can generate revenue streams for non-profits
- How he started the Mobile Giving Foundation
- The greatest challenges and successes the organization has faced
To learn more about the Mobile Giving Foundation, please access http://www.mobilegiving.org/.