Tax 101 for International Students

Student Fiscal Services offers Tax 101 classes for all students. These classes have traditionally been especially helpful for graduate and professional students who are more likely to be self-supporting (and have spouses and families) than undergraduates, and may have special tax issues with fellowships, stipends and other graduate school funding sources.

Tax 101 for International and Non US Resident Students:

Co-sponsored by The Office of International Students and Scholars and Student Fiscal Services to help international students understand the tuition accounts or scholarship issues in relation to taxes. This session will focus on helping students understand the 1042S forms sent out by the University of Washington, and will also cover other international student tax-related issues. The class is offered free of charge.

Below are the class schedules:

March 11, 2011
2pm – 3pm
Schmitz 228

March 30, 2011
2pm – 3pm
3:30pm – 4:30pm
Odegaard 220

April 5, 2011
1pm – 2pm
Odegaard 220

Questions about the classes:  Please call 206-221-2621 or 206-616-0305. 
Any tax questions:  Please call 206-221-2609  or email taxquest@u

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s