The North American Program Planning and Policy Academy (NAPPPA) will be sponsoring an Academic Research Funding Strategy Session at Seattle University in Seattle , WA on May 5-6, 2011. Interested science, technology, and medical professionals, researchers, faculty, and graduate students should register as soon as possible, as demand means that seats will fill up quickly.
For more information call (800) 649-6522 or visit The NAPPPA website at:
As a response to increased demand and competition for academic research funding support and training, as well as the high cost of many programs, we offer this two day strategy session through the proposal writing and development process. This strategy features two modules: 1) Practicum I: Focusing on the format and structure of the successful research funding proposal, this module provides attendees with an overview of each part of the research funding proposal, avenues for researching available grant programs, and concludes with fundamental proposal writing techniques. 2) Practicum II: Drawing from practical exercises and techniques developed in Practicum I and the Pre-Session coursework, participants are guided through the completion of a Research Funding Dossier, which acts as the culminating work product of the session.
This session is ideal for the researcher with a targeted program, but is equally effective for those who can identify their research interests. Completion of the Pre-Session Interview and Assignments is essential to program success and value.
Academic Research Funding Strategy Session will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of the Research Funding Proposal Process
- Basic Elements of the Standard Research Proposal
- Essentials of Researching Funding Opportunities
- Types of Research Funding Opportunities
- Online Tools and Traditional Publications for Research
- Successful Proposal Writing Techniques
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Proposal Writing
- The Strategic Grant Acquisition Effort
Tuition for this two day strategy session is $398.00.
Strategy Session Registration
- Participants tentatively reserve a seat online at www.napppaPROGRAMS.org, by calling the Program Office toll-free at (800) 649-6522, or by sending their name and contact information via email to email@example.com.
- A confirmation email is sent to registrants that includes session site information, travel information, program description, and details on how to confirm attendance and make payment arrangements. An invoice and agency W9 is also included.
- Upon attendance confirmation, registrants will receive (usually via email) a Pre-Session packet that will include 1) a Pre-Session Interview, 2) A Pre-Session Reading Packet, 3) Three exercises to be completed, 4) a Session Agenda and Schedule, and 5) a receipt.