This from ASUW:
Welcome back! Today I’m writing to let you know that the Student Regent application for 2011-2012 is now available. As Student Regent, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact for all students at the highest level.
The University of Washington Board of Regents is the University’s governing body whose broad responsibilities are to supervise, coordinate, manage and regulate the University, as provided by state statute. The Board of Regents consists of ten members, one of whom is a student. The Student Regent represents the varying perspectives of students at the university – both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as students at the Bothell, Seattle, and Tacoma campuses. The Student Regent is appointed by the governor to serve for one year. The role and voice of Student Regent will be especially important in the coming academic year as the University is faced with many difficult decisions.
- Must be a UW student currently enrolled in 6 undergraduate or 4 graduate credits, or on leave as defined by Executive Order 50.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Must be planning to be enrolled at the UW for the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Must be available to serve from June 2011 to June 2012.
- If you are selected as one of the 3-5 finalists, you cannot run as a candidate in the ASUW, ASUW-B, ASUW-T or GPSS elections.
Further information about the application requirements and the application process are in the attached application. Applications are due at 11:59 pm on Wednesday, April 13th. Please submit the application to the Catalyst Collect It here: https://catalyst.uw.edu/collectit/dropbox/summary/cepley/14563, and let me know if you have any questions.
Have a great first day back!
Associated Students of the University of Washington