Attention Upper Classmen!
Gain Experience and Make a Difference
The University of Washington Academic Support Program is offering a service-learning seminar titled “EDUC 401: Tutoring and Mentorship in Higher Education” for Winter Quarter 2012. This weekly seminar will introduce junior and senior students to a diverse range of tutoring, mentoring, and teaching methodologies. Students will have an opportunity to apply what they learn in class through tutoring and mentoring new transfer, freshman, and sophomore students who are transitioning socially, culturally, and academically to the University of Washington. This is a great opportunity for seasoned students to give back to the University by sharing their knowledge and experience with new students who are working to become independent learners.
- Seminar begins 2nd week of Winter Quarter, January 9, 2011
- Seminar will meet on Mondays from 3-4:20 PM (section F) or from 5:30-6:50PM (section G)
- Tutoring will take place on campus
- Receive 2 credits for working with one student
- Receive 3 credits for working with two students
- A letter of recommendation will be available upon request after completion of the seminar
For more registration information, please contact Anne Browning at:
Tutor-Mentor * 2-3 Credits * EDUC 401
Current syllabus available for review at: