Hall Health Mental Health Clinic
Spring Quarter Groups 2012
- DBT Skills Group (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy group). Mondays from 1:30-3:00 p.m. starting Monday, March 26, 2012. Ten weeks. Come join us to learn how to increase self-awareness, build relationship skills, manage crisis situations, and better control your emotions. Open to clients referred by their Hall Health Mental Health Clinic providers. Contact Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) or Meghann Gergber, PsyD (221-7941) for more information.
- Procrastination/Perfectionism Group – Two Sections: Wednesdays from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. and Fridays from 10:00 am to noon. Ongoing. Starting March 28, and April 6, 2012. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Being troubled by procrastination and perfectionism is not a requirement. Come learn how to be less anxious. Co-Facilitators: Anil Coumar, LMHC and Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. To Register or for further information or questions contact Anil or Ricardo at 206-543-5030, option #4 or go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/article-detail.php?ArticleID=538&ClinicID=6
- Follow-Up MBCT Group for Depression and/or Anxiety. Wednesdays from 11:30-1:00 pm beginning TBA. Ongoing. For those who have already participated in any Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Depression, a follow-up group is now being offered. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Anil Coumar, LMHC.
- Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners. Two Sections: Wednesdays 10:30-noon and Thursdays 4-5:30, beginning April 4 and April 5, 2012. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030. For questions e-mail or phone the group leaders, Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941; email@example.com or Ryli Webster, LICSW.: (206) 616-5316; firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Mindful Approach to Anxiety: Mondays 4:30-6:00pm. beginning April 9, 2012. Eight weeks. This group focuses on teaching mindfulness as a means of becoming aware of thoughts, feelings and behaviors that lead us to define and identify ourselves as anxious. The goal of this mindful approach is to learn how to better manage our uncomfortable thoughts and feelings, not by attempting to control or avoid them, but by inquiring deeply into them and accepting them. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact Jane Mortell, MA, LMHC, at email@example.com, or Michaela Wehner, BA, M.Ac., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exploring Sexual Orientation: Fridays 2:30 to 4:00 pm. Ongoing. The purpose of this group is to provide a safe, supportive, and affirming environment where individuals can explore thoughts and feelings around sexual orientation. Members can be individuals who are anywhere in the lifelong “coming-out” process, which includes: people who may be uncertain and are questioning their sexual orientation, people who may be coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or queer, and people who struggle with “being in the closet” at work or school, with friends, and with their families. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group leader, Ryli Webster, MSW, LICSW, 206-543-5030 or email@example.com.
Cost of all groups: $47 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/article-detail.php?ArticleID=408&ClinicID=6 for more information about our groups.