Spring Quarter Groups at Hall Health – Procrastination/Perfectionism; LGBTQ & Questioning; Mindfulness for Anxiety; Mindfulness for Beginners; Free Relapse Prevention; DBT Skills
Spring Quarter Groups 2014
- Procrastination/Perfectionism Group: Two Sections – Wednesdays from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. and Fridays from 10:00 am to noon. Ongoing. There are openings for both groups. Wednesday group start date TBA. Friday group is running. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Learn how to be less anxious about being anxious, which includes seeing clearly that there is no need to avoid experiencing anxiety. Facilitator: Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at: 206-543-5030, option #4.
- Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners: Three sections – Wednesdays 8:30 to 10:00 and 4:00 to 5:30 starting April 16, 2014; and Thursdays 10:00 to 11:30 am starting April 17, 2014. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030 option #4. For questions e-mail or phone the group facilitator, Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mindfulness Meditation Follow-up Group: Thursdays from noon to 1:00 pm. Starting April 17, 2014. Ongoing. For those who are already familiar with mindfulness meditation and want to continue in an open, ongoing, weekly group. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030 option #4.
- A Mindful Approach to Anxiety Group: Tuesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting April 8, 2014. Eight weeks. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact co-facilitators Carey DeMartini, at email@example.com, or Chia-Wen Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LGBTQ & Questioning Group: Wednesdays 1:30 to 3:00 pm. Ongoing. Starting TBA. The purpose of this group is to provide a safe, supportive, and affirming environment where individuals can explore thoughts and feelings around sexual orientation. Members can be individuals who are anywhere in the lifelong “coming-out” process, which includes: people who may be uncertain and are questioning their sexual orientation, people who may be coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or queer, and people who struggle with “being in the closet” at work or school, with friends, and with their families. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group facilitator, Ryli Webster, MSW, LICSW, 206-543-5030, option #4 or email@example.com
- Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention Group: FREE. Thursdays 3:00 to 4:30 pm Starting April 17, 2014. This is a University of Washington, evidence-based treatment that has been shown to be helpful for individuals who are currently in recovery for addictive behaviors. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group co-facilitators, Ryli Webster, MSW, LICSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carey DeMartini, at email@example.com or call 206-543-5030, option #4.
- DBT Skills Group: (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy group). Mondays from 1:30-3:00 pm. Starting Monday, March 31, 2014. Ten weeks. Learn how to increase self-awareness, build relationship skills, manage crisis situations, and better control your emotions. Open to clients referred by their Hall Health Mental Health Clinic providers. Co-facilitated by Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) and Chia-Wen Chen, LMHC (543-3213).
Cost of all groups: $43 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/content/clinics/mental-health/group-therapy-support-groups for more information about our groups.