The UW Information School, Evans School of Public Affairs, and Department of Economics are excited to announce the launch of a new research seminar, the Joint Seminar in Development Economics (JSDE). This seminar series will provide a regular forum for interaction among the growing community of quantitative social scientists at UW working on issues related to international development. We will meet 5-7 times each term, with presentations from prominent scholars in the field. The seminar will run on Fridays from 11:00-12:30, in Savery Hall Room 410 (the 4th floor economics conference room).
We have an exciting lineup of speakers for the inaugural term:
- April 11: Kelsey Jack, Tufts
- April 25: Hani Mansour, University of Colorado, Denver
- May 9: Jeremy Magruder, U.C. Berkeley
- May 16: Dean Karlan, Yale
- May 23: Ted Miguel, U.C. Berkeley
- May 30: Seema Jayachandran, Northwestern
- June 6: Michael Kremer, Harvard
To sign up for the JSDE email list, send an email to Allison Kelly at email@example.com, or visit this page (https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/jsde). Additional information on the seminar and links to papers can be found at the seminar website (http://jblumenstock.com/jsde).