IIE is pleased to announce the launch of the Confucius China Studies Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship. Applications are now open, and will be accepted until the deadline of January 29, 2015 for awards starting in the fall of 2015. The Confucius China Studies Program (CCSP) Fellowship offers generous funding to students in doctoral programs at U.S. institutions who are pursuing China-related research across a broad range of fields in the arts, education, humanities and social sciences. Successful applicants will be supported for a period of at least six months to up to two years as they pursue research at one of 15 designated universities in China.
60 grants will be available in 2015.
The CCSP Fellowship includes:
- An annual living stipend (80,000 RMB, approximately 12,900 USD)
- An annual research stipend (20,000 RMB, approximately 3,200 USD)
- Host university tuition
- Travel to and from China
- Insurance coverage
- Pre-departure orientation at IIE’s central office in New York
- Airfare coverage for a research visit to China by the recipient’s home university advisor.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a doctoral program at a U.S. institution (a terminal master’s program does not meet this requirement)
- Be pursuing China-related research in the arts, education, humanities, or social sciences
- Have an HSK score of at least level 3
- Not be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macao), or Taiwan
- Will not have extensive experience in China prior to graduate school enrollment (i.e., will not have been enrolled as a degree-seeking high school or undergraduate student Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macao)
All materials must be submitted and received by January 29 (not postmarked), and candidates will be notified of the results of their application beginning in April, 2015. Recipients of this award will begin their research in China in the fall semester of 2015.
For more information on the award package, eligibility, timeline, and the application itself, please visit our website at www.iie.org/CCSP. You are also welcome to contact the Program Officer at IIE for the CCSP Fellowship, Steven Dale, by email at email@example.com or by calling 1.212.984.5346