Hall Health Mental Health
Summer Quarter Groups 2015
- Beginning Mindfulness Meditation Groups: Three sections – Tuesdays 9:30 to 11:00; Wednesdays 4:00 to 5:30; and starting June 23, and 24, 2015 respectively. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030 option #4. For questions e-mail or phone the group facilitator, Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941; email@example.com
- Mindfulness Meditation Follow-up Groups: Wednesdays and Thursdays from noon to 1:00 pm. Starting June 24, 2015 and June 25, 2015 respectively. Ongoing. For those who are already familiar with mindfulness meditation and want to continue in an open, ongoing, weekly group. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030 option #4.
- A Mindful Approach to Anxiety: Tuesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting June 23, 2015. Eight weeks. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact co-facilitators Carey DeMartini, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Chia-Wen Moon at email@example.com.
- Overcoming Social Challenges: Wednesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting June 24, 2015. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact one of the co-facilitators: Treg Isaacson, MA (221-7983) or Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941.
- Procrastination/Perfectionism Group: Two Sections – Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. and Fridays from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. Ongoing. There are only a couple of openings for both groups. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Learn how to be less anxious about being anxious, which includes seeing clearly that there is no need to avoid experiencing anxiety. Facilitator: Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at: 206-543-5030, option #4 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of all groups: $57 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/content/clinics/mental-health/group-therapy-support-groups for more information about our groups.