Day 1 of the school year is finally upon us! All of the preparation for this academic year is finally coming to fruition for the Career Services team, and for you. The fall is a busy time of year; classes are in full swing, and recruiting season is underway–this means that now is a great time to explore your career options. We want to use this kick-off Career Newsletter to 1) give you a few reminders about how to best work with us, and 2) help make you aware of the opportunities that you have to connect with employers.
iCareers is the place for you to schedule an advising appointment with a career adviser. When you sign up for an appointment via iCareers, we encourage you to do the following:
- Limit yourself to one 30 min session with a career adviser (if you need to make an additional appointment after that, go for it!).
- Include the reason you are seeking an appointment, so that we can be better prepared to help you.
Additionally, iCareers is a fantastic resource for browsing available internships, on-campus student employment, volunteer opportunities, and full-time positions. And, iCareers is only accessible to current iSchool students! Scroll down to see some highlighted positions.
UPCOMING CAREER EVENTS:
The iSchool Career Services Team will be hosting several Employer Information Sessions throughout the fall and winter. Attending Employer Information Sessions will provide you with great opportunities to network, practice your elevator pitches, and submit your polished resumes! If you need resume help, we will be running several resume workshops throughout fall quarter – stay tuned to the iSchool Calendar and our weekly newsletter to learn more!
UPCOMING iSCHOOL CAREER EVENTS:
- 10/5: Ernst & Young Office Hours, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m., MGH 224
- 10/6: Resume Review for Consulting, 12:30 – 2:30 p.m., OUGL 220
- 10/7: Employer Information Sessions: PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
UPCOMING UW/COMMUNITY CAREER EVENTS:
- 10/1-10/2 | GeekWire Summit 2015
- 10/2, 12:30-1:00 p.m., MGH 134 | LinkedIn – Getting Started
- 10/2-10/4 | Seattle GiveCamp 2015
- 10/5, 1:30-8:00 p.m., HUB 214 | Meet the Employer: Amazon Japan (undergrads only)
- 10/6, 3:30-4:30 p.m., MGH 134 | Job Search for International Students
- 10/8, 3:30-4:00 p.m., MGH 134 | Career Fair Success – Getting Started
- User Experience Designer, UW Finance & Facilities Administration: apply via iCareers, ID 3412
- Hourly Student Web Developer, UW iSchool: apply via iCareers, ID 3408
- PNW Print Materials Assistant, Allen Library, UW: apply via iCareers, ID 3403
- Developer – EDI – Expeditors: apply via iCareers, ID 3380
- Technology & Web Intern, Kaf Adventures: apply via iCareers, ID 3368