Hall Health Mental Health Summer Quarter Groups 2016
- Mindfulness Meditation Follow-up Groups: Wednesdays and Thursdays from noon to 1:00 pm. Starting June 22, 2016 and June 23, 2016 respectively. Ongoing. For those who are already familiar with mindfulness meditation and want to continue in an open, ongoing, weekly group. An 8-week commitment is recommended. Facilitated by Meghann Gerber, PsyD. Contact Meghann at 206-543-5030 option #4.
- International Student Support Group: Thursdays 1:00 to 2:30 pm. Starting June 29, 2016. This is a support group for international students who want to develop interpersonal skills, increase emotional awareness, and practice self-care habits in a multi-cultural context. If you’re interested in the group or have questions, please contact the group facilitators, Chia-Wen Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny Schwickerath, MSW, email@example.com or call 206-543-5030, option #4.
- Procrastination/Perfectionism Group: Two Sections – Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. and Fridays from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Ongoing. This is group for folks who struggle with procrastinating and being perfectionist. Learn how to be less anxious about being anxious, which includes seeing clearly that there is no need to avoid experiencing anxiety. Facilitator: Ricardo Hidalgo, LMHC. Info at: 206-543-5030, option #4 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Mindful Approach to Anxiety: Tuesdays 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Starting July 12, 2016. Eight weeks. Explore common signs of anxiety and learn how to approach the anxiety in your life and situations you tend to avoid. If you are interested in learning more about the group, please contact facilitator Chia-Wen Moon at email@example.com.
- Beginning Mindfulness Meditation Groups: Two sections – Tuesdays 9:30 to 11:00 starting July 12, 2016; and Wednesdays 4:00 to 5:30 am starting July 13, 2016. Eight weeks. Mindfulness meditation is a practice that involves cultivating attention to the present moment in a nonjudgmental manner. The benefits of mindfulness meditation have been widely studied and include alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, increasing capacity for attention and concentration, improving self-esteem, enhancing resilience to stress. No prior knowledge or experience is required. Participants will be provided with materials, instruction and support for building and sustaining a meditation practice. To enroll contact the Mental Health Clinic at (206) 543-5030 option #4. For questions e-mail or phone the group facilitator, Meghann Gerber, Psy.D.: (206) 221-7941; firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of all groups: $55 per session ($40 No Show Fee without 24 hour notice). Insurance may cover fees, please check with your insurance carrier.
Where: Mental Health Clinic, Hall Health Center, 3rd Floor.
Register, get information, or ask questions at 206-543-5030, option #4 for any and all groups.
Go to http://depts.washington.edu/hhpccweb/content/clinics/mental-health/group-therapy-support-groups for more information about our groups.
We look forward to seeing you.