Welcome to Fall 2016!
I hope you all had a fun Orientation and iWelcome Week! For those of you that don’t know, I’m Alycia McKenzie, one of your Career Services Advisors here at the iSchool. I’ll be working with my fellow advisor, Dean Kirkpatrick, to bring you a weekly Career Newsletter. The newsletter will include career advice, job opportunities, upcoming events, and a variety of other information. Be sure to take a look and stay informed about all the iSchool and greater UW career happenings.
In addition to the services offered by the iSchool, the UW Career and Internship Center is open for your use. Their Employer-Led Workshop series is upcoming, and the technical interview event from Facebook might be of particular interest to iSchool students.
iCareers Best Practices
You can use our iCareers site to make advising appointments, search for jobs, and view upcoming events in the Workshops sections. Here are a few tips:
- When you sign up for an advising appointment, please:
- Limit yourself to one 30-minute session
- Include your reason for visiting
- When searching for jobs or internships, set up alerts using the Saved Searches link to the right of the search bar
- Upload your resume so it’s easily accessible when you want to apply for something
- Under the Events tab, look at the Workshops section to see upcoming career events
Check out the Business Fair
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for October 11, 2:00 – 6:00pm in the HUB. For more information, visit this link.
Top job/internship opportunities:
- Informatics Engineer – CapSQ, UWMC; iCareers ID 5189
- Web Developer/Coder, Mt. Rainier National Park; iCareers ID 5214
- Reference Specialist, Tacoma Community College; iCareers ID 5191
- Data Analyst Intern, Seattle Mariners; iCareers ID 5217
- Health Technology R&D Internship, Apple; HuskyJobs ID 107762
- 10/4: PwC Info Session — Risk Assurance National Practices; 8:00 – 9:00am, Allen Auditorium
- 10/4: Resume Review — Consulting; 12:00 – 2:00pm, OUGL 200
- 10/5: PwC Info Session — Management & Risk Consulting; 8:00 – 9:00am, HUB 214
- 10/5: PwC Info Session — Technology Consulting; 12:30 – 1:20pm, HUB 214
- 10/6: Jump-Starting Your Job Search; 12:30 – 1:20pm, BLD 070
- 10/6: Career Fair Success for International Students; 12:30 – 1:20pm, MGH 134
- 10/6: Federal Jobs and Internships for Students with Disabilities Workshop; 2:30 – 3:30pm, MGH 134