After you’ve done your research on the employers, create a list of questions to ask. Some general ones you might consider are:
- What particular skills/qualifications does (organization’s name) look for in prospective employees/interns?
- Are there certain courses or experiences you suggest to be a successful candidate?
- What is your organizations interview and hiring process?
- What has your experience at (organization’s name) been like?
Show that you’ve done your research and ask questions about what you’ve learned
- I read about xyz on your website. Can you tell me more about that initiative?
- I saw your company posted an opening for a ___ recently, could you tell me a little more about the day-to-day duties of this position?
- In your opinion, what sets your organization apart from other companies’ in the industry like (name a few competitors)?
Do NOT ask questions that can be easily answered by looking at the employer’s website. Also, don’t ask questions about salary and benefits. A career fair is not an appropriate place for those questions.