The iSchool Recognition Committee is seeking nominations for this year’s teaching excellence awards. These awards recognize outstanding contributions to teaching made by faculty at the Information School. The nominations are evaluated and awarded in two classifications:
* Pedagogical Recognition of Our Faculty (PROF): The PROF award is to recognize exemplary teaching and outstanding contributions to teaching made by tenure track faculty at the Information School.
* Teaching Excellence and Creative Honors (TEACH): The TEACH award is to recognize exemplary teaching and outstanding contributions to teaching made by non-tenure track lecturing faculty (both full-time and part-time) at the Information School.
Through these awards the School seeks to recognize outstanding examples of faculty teaching that exemplify the following:
– Applies expertise in subject matter to connect with students and make topics relevant to their learning
– Demonstrates enthusiasm and engagement in the learning/teaching process
– Inspires independent, original and creative thinking
– Shows innovation in course and curriculum design
Winners of the PROF and TEACH award will be announced at Convocation in June and on the iSchool’s website. The award includes a gift valued at $250, recognition on the iSchool website and on a plaque (located in our iSchool trophy case), and a trophy.
The nomination deadline is Monday, April 16. Please submit nominations via catalyst https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/isalute/351114
Questions? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
iSchool Recognition Committee