Join us for an introduction to the Boren Scholarship for study abroad. Scholarships like the Boren provide funding to U.S. citizen students at varying levels of proficiency to study languages considered to be “critical” by the US State department. This session will provide an overview of the scholarship and insights on how to develop a competitive application.
Information Session (Boren only)| Mary Gates Hall 171| October 29| 4:30pm
Boren Awards Highlights:
- Open to U.S. citizens
- Up to $20,000 for undergraduates who study language abroad during the academic year (semester or longer)
- Must be studying a language abroad (list of preferred languages here)
- Up to $8,000 for STEM students to study a language abroad during the summer.
- Up to $30,000 for graduate students who will study a language abroad.
- Selected students must commit to working for in the federal government for one year.