C.V. Starr Lecturers of Law at Peking University School of Transnational Law
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates MUST possess a J.D. degree. Candidates do not need to be able to speak Chinese or to have had prior experience in China.
The Peking University School of Transnational Law (“STL”), part of China’s premier university, is recruiting C.V. Starr Lecturers of Law. Lecturers teach required J.D. first-year legal research, writing, and analysis courses in U.S. law.
Lecturers’ duties include the following:
- Working collaboratively with other lecturers to develop and teach a demanding and interactive required course in U.S. legal research, writing, and analysis, which will be taught in English;
- Regularly meeting with and providing oral and written feedback to students;
- Designing and teaching a 1-credit elective course;
- Teaching in STL’s week-long Summer Honors Program; and
- Participating in other faculty responsibilities, including prospective student interviews and thesis defense panels.
C.V. Starr Lecturers’ terms will ordinarily run from the last few days of July through June 30, 2020. Terms are renewable. STL will also consider applications for two-year terms.
Please submit materials or inquiries by email to:
Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs