Joe Ann Clifton Student Award for 2019 SLA Annual Conference
Deadline: Submission due March 25, 2019.
The Information Technology Division of the Special Libraries Association (SLA) is accepting submissions for its 2019 Joe Ann Clifton Student Award to help cover expenses at the 2019 SLA Annual Conference June 14-18, 2019, in Cleveland, OH, not to exceed $1,500. This award is intended to promote participation in the SLA Annual Conference by an exceptional library science student (or field related to the IT Division’s mission). The award also includes Student membership in SLA for one (1) year.
The SLA Information Technology Divisions’ 2019 Student Award, in honor of Joe Ann Clifton, is intended to promote participation in the SLA Annual Conference by an exceptional library science (or field related to the IT Division’s mission) student. The recipient of the award will receive:
- Student membership in SLA for one (1) year;
- Reimbursement for expenses to attend the SLA Annual Conference, not to exceed $1,500 and limited to the following:
- Economy class round-trip airfare to the SLA Annual Conference (June 14-18 in Cleveland, OH)
- Student registration for the SLA Annual Conference
- Lodging during the SLA Annual Conference
- Transportation during the conference (to/from airport and costs associated with getting to SLA Annual Conference events)
The winner will be recognized at IT events during the SLA Annual Conference and also at the Annual Business Meeting of the IT Division. During the virtual business meeting, the winner will present a summary of their paper. The winning paper will also be published in the b/ITe, the official Division newsletter.
For information about this award, please go to the following URL: https://connect.sla.org/it/awards/student-award