CRAFTING EFFECTIVE DIVERSITY STATEMENTS & COVER LETTERS
A panel and workshop for postdocs and graduate students.
Thursday, Apr 4th, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center, Unity Suite
What is a diversity statement? Why is it important? How do I describe my potential to contribute to diversity, inclusion and equity in academia and industry?
- Rickey Hall, Vice President and University Diversity Officer, UW
- Evangelina Shreeve, Director, STEM Education and Outreach, PNNL
- Butch de Castro, Professor and Associate Dean, Nursing, UW
- Cynthia del Rosario, Diversity, Equity and Access Officer, Information School, UW
Hear panelists talk about what they look for in a diversity statement when they are hiring; discuss expectations for a diversity statement in your job application; and begin writing one as part of the workshop.
In celebration of 2019 Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week, this event is generously co-hosted by:
- UW Postdoc Diversity Alliance
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Core Programs, Graduate School