Funding: ABOS Bernard Vavrek Scholarship
Deadline: Applications due July 31, 2019 at 6 p.m. ET.
The Association of Bookmobile & Outreach Services (ABOS), an affiliate of the American Library Association, offers annual awards that recognize outstanding service, support for conference attendance, and the education of a student currently enrolled in a Library Science degree program. In particular, The Bernard Vavrek Scholarship provides $1000 to a library school student interested in outreach and bookmobile services.
Dr. Bernard Vavrek, Professor of Library Science and Chair of the Library Science Department at Clarion University, retired after teaching at Clarion from 1971-2008. He co-founded with John Philip the “Great American Bookmobile Conference,” running it for many years until ABOS was formed and took over management of the conference. This scholarship honors Dr. Vavrek’s profound commitment to librarianship.
- Currently enrolled and have completed at least one semester in a graduate degree program in Library and/or Information Science program at an ALA-accredited library school
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Demonstrate an interest in outreach/bookmobile librarianship
- Your name
- Your contact information including mailing address, phone number, and email address
- The name and contact information of the ALA-accredited library school which you are attending
- A copy of your most recent transcript showing a grade point average of 3.0 or better
- A personal narrative showcasing your interest in outreach/bookmobile librarianship
- Two letters of reference
Please send all application materials to the ABOS Awards Chair, email@example.com
For more information, please visit the scholarship’s page.