UW Tacoma Library is hiring an Open Access & Digital Scholarship Specialist
Deadline: Applications are due by April 8, 2019
Is distributing scholarly work to the broader, non-academic community important to you? Do you believe in the vital nature of open access publishing? Are you looking for paid, practical experience working in an academic library? If so, you should apply to become UW Tacoma’s Open Access & Digital Scholarship Specialist!
Current MLIS students are encouraged to apply for this position. It will support UW Tacoma’s “Unlocking UW Tacoma Scholarly Work” initiative by:
- Using digital tools to track UW Tacoma’s scholarly output.
- Providing guidance to faculty about what can be openly shared.
- Developing a data dashboard to track the progress of open access articles.
- Prepare the following supplemental materials (a single PDF or MS Word file is preferred):
- Cover letter. Cover letter should include descriptions of how this position might relate to your career goals, your interest in specific academic subject areas, and any course work or digital projects experience you may have had.
- Activate UW G Suite for your NetID if you have not already done so.
- Log in to the Google forms site with your UW NetID account to fill out an application form and upload your resumé.
Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more details about the position, such as pay rate, hourly schedule, and duties, please visit this page.
If you have more questions about the position, please contact Justin Wadland, Associate Director / Head, Digital Scholarship Program at UW Tacoma Library by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.