iSCHOOL CAREER FAIR TIPS: RECAP
Welcome to the start of a new quarter, Huskies!
If you’re looking for an internship or full-time job, you don’t want to miss next week’s iSchool Career Fair (ICF) on April 9. Postponed due to the snow in February, we’ve extended the iSchool-only time to the first two hours (12:30 – 2:30pm). If you plan to attend during this portion, be sure to RSVP here by April 4.
We have nearly 40 organizations attending ICF to recruit INFO, MSIM, MLIS, and Ph.D. students for full-time, internship, directed fieldwork, and volunteer opportunities. You can see the full list of organizations attending here, and can anticipate an app refresh later this week with more details.
- Career fair app for iPhone (or search the App Store for “U of Washington iSchool Fair”)
- Career fair app for Android (or search the Google Play Store for “U of Washington iSchool Fair”)
OPTIMIZING YOUR RESUME
If you’ve been applying to jobs or internships, you’ve probably heard about application tracking systems (ATS) — essentially, robots that do the first screen of applications that are submitted online. To better understand how to optimize resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles for an ATS, check out Jobscan.
Jobscan’s mission is to empower students and job-seekers by building the best tools. Born out of co-founder James Hu’s own frustration with job hunting back in 2013, Jobscan was established to help job seekers successfully navigate the powerful applicant tracking systems used by companies to manage and filter out applicants. UW iSchool students can get 10 bonus scans when they sign up using www.jobscan.co/promo/uw-ischool.
TIPS FROM FELLOW STUDENTS
What better way to prepare for ICF than hear from students who’ve attended before? Below are some quick snippets from the ICF: What to Expect panel we hosted in February:
As you prepare for April 9, you can always revisit our tips at:
Have more questions? Join us for an ICF online Q&A this Friday, Apr. 5. Please RSVP via Zoom here.
iSchool: More info and registration via iCareers
(Missed a workshop? You can review our recorded sessions online.)
- 4/3: ThriftBooks iLounge Hangout; 2:00 – 4:00pm, MGH 416
- 4/5: iSchool Career Fair Online Q&A; 12:30 – 1:20pm, online
- 4/8: Fast Enterprises iLounge Hangout; 9:00 – 11:00am, MGH 416
- 4/9: iSchool Career Fair; 12:30 – 4:30pm, HUB N Ballroom
UW Career & Internship Center
- 4/3: Finding Internships Workshop; 1:30 – 2:00pm, MGH 134
- 4/4: Interviewing Workshop; 12:30 – 1:00pm, MGH 134
- 4/8: Career Fair Success Workshop (Online); 2:30 – 3:00pm, online
- 4/10: Networking Lab; 3:30 – 4:20pm, MGH 134
- 4/10: Startup Job Fair; 4:30 – 7:00pm, Intellectual House
- 4/24: Facebook Design Jam (hosted by UW HCDE); 10:00am – 4:30pm, Facebook Seattle
Last date to submit your work for consideration is Apr. 10.
POSITIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Undergraduate Peer Advisors – iSchool Student Services, UW Information School; iCareers ID 8770
- Student Software Engineer, UW Information Technology; iCareers ID 8746
- Undergraduate Research Assistant in Data Analysis, Institute for Health Metric and Evaluation; iCareers ID 8741
- Product Manager Intern, HP Inc.; Handshake ID 2589088
- Graduate Intern – kpLibraries NW, Kaiser Permanente; iCareers ID 8762
- Python Developer – Part-Time (Microscope Automation), Allen Institute; iCareers ID 8764
- Educational Research Analyst, SEIU 775 Benefits Group; iCareers ID 8745
- Software Engineer, Globant; Handshake ID 2589720
- Library Page – Parkland Branch, Pierce County Library System; iCareers ID 8766
- Open Access & Digital Scholarship Specialist, University of Washington – Tacoma Library; iCareers ID 8749