Employment: Graduate School GEMS Office – Hourly Student Assistant
Deadline: Materials due Friday, June 14, 2019
Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) is a division of the Graduate School that facilitates admissions and graduation at the graduate level. GEMS is hiring an hourly student assistant to provide critical administrative support to the GEMS team. This position will primarily include clerical duties such as processing incoming mail, filing, assisting with departmental email, providing back-up telephone support, and special projects as assigned. The assistant will report to the Administrative Program Specialist, but will provide support to the GEMS advisors and Director as needed.
Candidate must be detail oriented, reliable, and highly organized, and should have excellent oral and written communication skills. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and UW administrative systems is preferred. The candidate must be able to use discretion when working with confidential student and applicant files.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Process incoming mail/prepare transcripts for review
- Assist with GEMS email and telephone inquiry management
- Assist with transcript file management
- Provide general clerical and special project assistance to GEMS team
Summer Quarter: The position is 20-40 hours per week, depending on enrollment and availability.
This position is for 15 to 20 hours a week during the academic school year. Work hours are flexible based on the student’s academic needs, within normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm).
Salary: $15.50-$17 per hour depending on experience.
- This position is not a Graduate Staff Assistantship and therefore is not eligible for a tuition waiver or health benefits
- This position is open only to current UW students who are also available to work during Summer Quarter.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following, combined into a single electronic PDF file:
- A brief cover letter
- The names and email addresses of at least two references
Send document directly to Julia Carlson, GEMS Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.