Digital Scholarship Summer Immersion Program
August 13, 14, & 15, 2019
9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
UW Research Commons
Do you have an idea for the next great podcast or a digital book you would like to publish openly? Are you interested in incorporating digital tools or methods into your teaching? Bring your project or teaching ideas and let them take shape alongside like-minded faculty and graduate students at the Libraries’ inaugural Digital Scholarship Summer Immersion Program!
The Libraries Digital Scholarship Summer Immersion Program will take place August 13-15th from 9:00am-12:30pm in the UW Research Commons (Allen Library South), with an optional, short 1-2 hour online session on the 16th where cohorts can celebrate the work completed thus far and share their plans for the future of the project. The program will offer two cohort tracks:
- Podcasting: Where you’ll learn the basics of planning and recording your own podcast with the opportunity to start developing your own podcast.
- Digital Book Publishing: Where you’ll learn about digital book publishing options that include opportunities for image and media integration and will get started creating your own digital book.
Both cohorts will come together each day for a short plenary session designed to give practical and time-saving tips in creating new forms of scholarship. Experts will also be on-hand to assist with your project creation or teaching integration questions. By the end of the Digital Scholarship Summer Immersion Program you will:
- Have a good start on your digital scholarship project and plan for moving your project forward to completion.
- Have an understanding of how you might integrate a digital scholarship project component into your teaching.
- Develop a cross-disciplinary digital scholarship community within your cohort.
- Learn some new skills to apply to your research or teaching in a fun, low key atmosphere.
As space in the Digital Scholarship Summer Immersion Program will be limited, they are requesting a $5 registration fee to solidify your commitment to attending all three days of the program. The $5 collected will be used to offset coffee and snacks offered during the Summer Immersion Program.