Workshop: Graduate Student Research Institute
The Graduate Student Research Institute (GSRI) is a free and asynchronous multi-day online workshop for new and returning UW graduate students the tools and strategies they need to research smarter, not harder.
Participants with common interests will meet together in small online cohorts, supported by UW librarians and other qualified experts in their subject areas.
GSRI is highly recommended for incoming graduate students, new Research Assistants, and students in programs that emphasize research or capstones.
GSRI can help you to:
- Learn skills and strategies for effective academic research
- Become familiar with core tools and resources for research productivity
- Connect with relevant support units across the UW campuses
- Build community with other UW students and campus support staff
There are two online, asynchronous sessions of GSRI being offered in Summer 2019
- Session #1: August 26-30, 2019 (online)
- Session #2: September 9-13, 2019 (online)
- Learning for GSRI takes place over 5 days with no fixed participation times.
- GSRI requires daily engagement in the form of small activities and discussions. We recommend you reserve one hour per day to complete the GSRI curriculum.
- Space in a particular GSRI session may be requested, but is not guaranteed.
- GSRI is a free, online, non-credit bearing experience.
- All UW graduate students are welcome.
For questions, email email@example.com.