Employment: Assistant librarian -University of Wyoming Libraries Regional Medical Library/ Membership Coordinator
The University of Wyoming Libraries seeks applicants for the Wyoming Membership Coordinator for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine MidContinental Region (NNLM MCR). The mission of the NNLM is to advance the progress of medicine and improve public health through access to health information.
The Wyoming Coordinator will provide leadership for the NNLM’s diversity and inclusion initiative in the Mid-Continental Region (https://nnlm.gov/mcr). This position, based at the University of Wyoming Libraries, also delivers outreach and education programs throughout the state of Wyoming, and builds partnerships and collaborations with librarians, health care providers, public health professionals, K-12 educators, and community-based organizations. Travel throughout Wyoming will include site visits, exhibits, and teaching. Travel to the MCR offices at the University of Utah and to national conference sites occurs throughout the year.
The Wyoming coordinator is one of six site coordinators throughout the MCR. Each MCR coordinator works closely with other site coordinators and fulfills program duties under the direction of the NNLM MCR Associate Director. This is a full time, grant funded position and reports to the Associate Dean of Libraries.
- Develop, manage and evaluate NNLM MCR diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage NNLM MCR funding related to diversity and inclusion initiatives, including planning and reporting.
- Seek, identify and form partnerships with organizations who provide health information to diverse populations.
- Provide training on health information resources in person and virtually.
- Exhibit health information resources at appropriate meetings, conferences, and conventions in Wyoming and at some national conferences.
- Collaborate regionally and nationally with NNLM staff in initiatives, working groups, task forces, and trainings.
- Regularly communicate via NNLM MCR social media platforms to share health information with stakeholders and the public.
- Maintain Wyoming NNLM member relationships and recruit new members.
- MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel by vehicle and plane and ability to transport and set up exhibit materials
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent technology, communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
- Experience working as a part of a virtual team
- Experience leading diversity and inclusion initiatives or programs
- Experience with National Library of Medicine resources, such as PubMed or MedlinePlus
- Experience working as a health educator or in a health sciences library
- Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.