Employment: UW Libraries – Web and User Experience Assistant
Deadline: Applications due by September 22, 2019
The UW Libraries is searching for 2 Web and User Experience Assistants. This position provides support for the Libraries’ website, online resources, and user experience needs. Some training will be provided.
- Working with Libraries staff and others to determine the appropriate methods for evaluation of the Libraries’ websites and services
- Planning, scheduling, and implementing UX evaluation sessions,including designing test scenarios; writing reports of evaluation findings and making design recommendations as needed
- Conducting user research and producing reports or design artifacts (e.g., personas, journey maps) to help other staff understand user needs
- Evaluating online resources for accessibility Updating Libraries website content
- Evaluating features and systems releases for library resources
Other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Familiarity with UW Libraries websites and services
- Knowledge of the user-centered design process and usability methods like heuristic evaluation, user testing, focus groups, contextual inquiry.
- Experience conducting usability tests (especially with Morae software), focus groups or other usability methods
- Experience creating prototypes, mockups, and web pages
- Experience in evaluating systems features and releases
- Knowledge of web accessibility and WCAG 2.1 guidelines and/or experience with accessibility testing
- Enrollment in the MLIS program at the UW Information School or the HCDE programs at the UW College of Engineering (as of Sept. 2019)
Is you have any questions, please contact Erik Dahl, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information including an overview of the application process, please visit the job posting.