Funding: Sovereign Bodies Institute Emerging Leaders Award
Deadline: Applications due by October 14, 2019
SBI is committed to uplifting Indigenous scholars at all stages of their journey as data gathers and knowledge keepers, particularly women and two spirit leaders. They provide support to woman and two spirit undergraduate and graduate students who show promise in their careers as leaders to end gender and sexual violence against indigenous people, by providing Emerging Leaders Awards each spring and fall.
SBI is giving two scholarships for the Fall 2019 semester!
- Proof of Fall 2019 enrollment
- Professional/academic letter of recommendation
- Letter of recommendation from an elder or leader from your community
- Short answer (500 words) telling us which people or nation you belong to, and your relationship to them
- Essay (1000 words) telling us about how you plan to use your studies to address the issue of MMIWG
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university in Canada or the US
- Identify as an indigenous woman or two spirit person
- Pursuing a future working to end gender and sexual violence against Indigenous people
Send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org