The Cultural Heritage Center in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State is recruiting an intern for Summer 2020. This is an unpaid position based in Washington, D.C. They are looking for a student with background in Library Sciences to create a collections management strategy for the Center’s small research library, which is focused on archaeology and art history materials.Duties will include:
- Inventorying the collection
- Re-organizing the materials within the allotted space
- Devising a management strategy for material “check-out” and “check-in”
- Suggesting methods for long-term management and collections strategy
- Other duties as assigned, related to the work of the Cultural Heritage Center
In addition, an internship at the U.S. Department of State provides students with valuable opportunities to gain substantive learning experiences in a foreign affairs environment.
More information is available here: https://openopps.usajobs.gov/internships/1246?fromSearch