Call for Proposals: UW Core Programs
Deadline: Proposals Due November 1, 2019
Are you a graduate student who wants to communicate your capstone, research, or pedagogy to a wider audience? Would you like to get feedback about your presentation style from a large group of smart, supportive, and interdisciplinary people? Like a famous comedian, would you like to test your material in front of a big audience and see if it works?
If your answers are “Yes! Yes! YES!” then Graduate Core Programs and the UW Libraries invite you to apply for Scholars’ Studio. Scholars’ Studio is a fun, low stakes, supportive event in which you present your research in a vivid 5-minute lightning talk to 60-100 UW community members.
Grad students have participated in Scholars’ Studio for these reasons:
- To work on communicating their capstone project, research or pedagogy to a wider audience
- To focus the message of their research and hone their elevator pitch
- To enliven their presentations with storytelling elements
- To learn skills that are crucial for conference presentations and the job market
- To have pure fun and find community
Open call to all graduate students from all disciplines and from across tri-campus!
No previous experience with giving presentations is necessary. The only requirement is a desire to speak about your fantastic work.
Proposals will be presented on November 21, 2019 from 4-5:30 PM in the Allen Research Commons, Seattle Campus.
Send questions to Madeline Mundt at email@example.com