National Library of Medicine Associate Fellowship, Jan 24
Deadline: Applications for the 2020-2021 program is due January 24, 2020.
The National Library of Medicine Associate Fellowship Program is a one-year postgraduate training fellowship at the NLM in Bethesda, Maryland, with an optional second year program component. The program is designed to provide a broad foundation in health sciences information services, and to prepare librarians for future leadership roles in health sciences libraries and in health services research.
Associate Fellowship Benefits:
The Associate Fellowship’s benefits are:
- Annual stipend of $57,510
- Additional funding to support purchase of group health insurance
- Up to $1,500 in relocation support
- Full support for attendance at local and national conferences
During the program, Associates will:
- Learn about the collections, databases, terminologies, research and development, training, outreach, and exhibits that comprise the work and achievements of the National Library of Medicine
- Understand strategic planning and development at a national level
- Work on real-life projects that affect libraries and users throughout the country
- Join a dynamic and successful cohort of alumni
- Attend professional development conferences and seminars
The NLM Associate Fellowship Program is open to U.S. and Canadian library and information science professionals, as well as graduate students completing their degrees. Up to five qualified Associate Fellows may be selected.
- Master’s degree in an ALA-accredited library/information science program, earned by August of the year of appointment or within 2 years. (Undergraduate degree can be in any major.)
- United States or Canadian citizenship
- Note: Canadians with ALA-accredited Master’s degrees should use the same application process as U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens will receive first preference.
- Desirable, but not essential:
- Work experience in a library or health sciences environment.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in leadership.
To apply, please visit the online application system.
For more information, please visit the program website.