Putting together the perfect elevator pitch is one of the first steps in organizing and communicating well about your job search. But many students have no idea where to start. What do you say? How long should it be? Should it be scripted or “on the fly”? These resources are a great starting point for getting your elevator pitch together so you’re prepared when you meet new networking contacts, are going to interviews, meet with recruiters, or share information about yourself on LinkedIn.
6 Tips for Putting Together the Perfect Elevator Pitch
How to Create an Elevator Pitch With Examples
How to Nail Your Elevator Speech
Once you’ve drafted your pitch using these resources, practice! As you begin to use it, you’ll refine it further, and it will be easier and easier to tell others about yourself, what you’re looking for, and how you can help.
iSchool: More info and registration via iCareers
iSchool and Employer Workshops
- Oct 30: Negotiation Workshop; 12:30 – 1:20pm, MGH 258
iSchool Employers Hangouts and Info Sessions
- Oct 22: Puget Sound Energy iLounge Hangout; 9 – 11am, MGH 416
- Oct 29 Microsoft iLounge Hangout; 9 – 11am, MGH 416
Info Sessions are formal presentations by the employer.
Hangouts are informal conversations with the employer.
UW Career & Internship Center
UW Career Workshops and Employer Events
- Nov 6: Boeing Career Development Night; 6 – 8pm, Alder Hall
This is an informational expo for students in Engineering looking to network and enhance their professional development skills. Students will be interacting with Boeing industry panelists in varied engineering and managerial fields. Boeing has careers in Cybersecurity and in Data Science & Analytics.
- Nov 8-17: UW DeepLens Hackathon
Positions for Consideration
- Experience Design Intern, Photoshop, Adobe; Handshake
- UX Design Intern (Summer 2020), Reddit; Handshake
- Security Engineer Intern, Certus Cybersecurity Solution LLC; iCareers ID 9758
- Librarian – Spokane Branch Library, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; iCareers ID 9757
- NLM Associate Fellow, National Library of Medicine; iCareers ID 9751
Questions or feedback? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org | iCareers