Social Hours for First-Gen Graduate Students
Friday, November 8, 2019
11 a.m.-12 p.m. & 3 p.m.-4 p.m.
Gates Commons (CSE 691), Paul G. Allen Center for Computer Science & Engineering
In recognition of National First-Generation College Celebration, the First-Gen Graduate Student Advisory Board and Core Programs in The Graduate School invite all first-generation graduate students across tri-campus to attend these free, informal social hours.
A first-gen graduate student is in the first generation of their family to earn a Bachelor’s degree—and is now working towards a graduate degree.
Attend one of these free gatherings to:
- Build community in person and online with first-gen graduate student peers across disciplines
- Snag a “I Heart First-Gen Grad Students” button while supplies last
- Get a free professional headshot taken by Graduate School staff. Sign-in in person required—and on a first-come, first-served basis only.
- Participate in a Poll Everywhere activity to share what being first-gen means to you
- Enjoy Free light foods and refreshments.
Organized by Core Programs—Office of Graduate Student Affairs in the UW Graduate School.