Call for Proposals: 16th Annual Teaching & Learning Symposium
Deadline: Proposals due by December 9, 2019.
UW faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students are invited to share their innovative evidence-based teaching practices or research at the 16th Annual Teaching & Learning Symposium (April 6, HUB Ballroom, UW Seattle campus).
“It’s too easy to teach in a silo in academia, isolated from colleagues both in and outside of your discipline. The Teaching & Learning Symposium connects me with outstanding teachers and innovative teaching methods from across campus, helping me improve my teaching and my colleagues’.”Amy J. Ko
UW Information School
The Symposium is designed for interactive presentations and discussion on innovative evidence-based teaching strategies, whether it is work you have done in the past or are in the process of implementing. Presentations are in poster format and can not be larger than 4’ x 6′.
Showcase your work and build community with colleagues from all three campuses. Visit the Call for Proposals page for guidelines and a link to the submission form.
Important information about posters and the poster sessions
- Plan to have your poster on display for the full event.
- Your poster will be assigned to one of the two poster sessions. This allows solo presenters to visit other posters during their unassigned session.
- Bring a backing (hard poster board) for your poster. Easels will be provided.
- Posters can be any shape but should be no larger than 4’ x 6’.
Symposium poster contest
- Prizes will be awarded. Visit the Symposium poster contest page for details.
Funding for graduate student presenters
Graduate-student presenters who are the primary authors of their posters may apply to the Donald H. Wulff Fund to cover the costs of poster printing. You may apply for this funding after your proposal has been accepted and you have confirmed your participation.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.