Employment: Director of Educational Technology and Library Services, Asheville School
Deadline: Position open until filled.
Asheville School, a coed 9-12 boarding school in Asheville, North Carolina, seeks a Director of Educational Technology and Library Services for a full-time position. The school is hoping to transition from a traditional library into a new space that revolves around many things technology-focused.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with young adults, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a genuine excitement for the development of innovative approaches to a library and research program. The director will collaborate with all academic departments in a team-taught program of integrated information literacy. Candidates will also be prepared to integrate themselves in the life of a boarding school community.
- Familiarity with a range of common technology platforms and a willingness to develop facility with new applications
- Desire to participate in ongoing professional development; openness to new ideas and approaches related to information technology, librarianship, and the role new technologies play in education
- Excellent interpersonal skills; candidates need the ability to generate enthusiasm and openness toward new ideas and technologies among faculty and students and collaborate with faculty and students in the implementation of new ideas
- Advanced degree or certification in Educational Technology or Library and Information Science preferred
- Previous experience in a middle, high school, college or university library and/or working with groups of young adults strongly preferred
For more information, please visit the job posting.