Call for Participants: HSRProf Research Competition
Deadline: Applications due by February 28, 2020.
AcademyHealth is proud to announce the fourth annual HSRProj Research Competition for Students hosted by AcademyHealth and the National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR) of the National Library of Medicine (NLM). This annual competition invites students to use data from the Health Services Research Projects in Progress (HSRProj) database in conjunction with other sources to identify research priorities in health services and systems research.
Students will be asked to:
- Choose one of the following five research areas:
- Breast Cancer
- HIV infections
- Opioid-related disorders
- Find 250 most recent research projects for the research area in the HSRProj database
- Only include projects that fund research and not training, conferences, infrastructure, and other non-research purposes
- For each project, look at the project description and data sources to confirm that they are research projects
- Review the 250 research projects (your data set), and identify the top 3-5 research priorities and funding sources
- Write an abstract (up to 500 words) that describes the steps you took to conduct your search and answer the questions
- What are the current research and funding priorities of the research area you selected?
- How do you think these priorities within your chosen research area should change in the future?
For more information and to apply, visit: https://academyhealth.org/hsrprojstudent