Funding: SEED Scholarship
Deadline: Applications due by February 28, 2020.
The S.E.E.D Scholarship aims to positively acknowledge the contributions of undocumented students enrolled at the University of Washington. This award recognizes UW students for their resilience, involvement in the community and demonstrated leadership. The recipient will receive a one-time award that will be dispensed in the 2020-2021 academic year. The award is made available through generous contributions to La Raza Student Commission and its constituents.
Recipients will be notified by March 16, 2020. To acknowledge these accomplishments and receipt of scholarship, recipients are invited to attend the inaugural Latinx Family Dinner on April 4, 2020 held at the University of Washington’s Seattle campus. Further details will be provided with the award letter.
Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements:
Open to all undocumented students who will be enrolled undergraduate or graduate students at UW during the 2020-2021 academic year. This includes current or incoming students (i.e. graduating high school seniors). Students at all three UW campuses (Seattle, Bothell, Tacoma) are eligible to apply.
- Student demonstrates leadership in school activities, community service and/or work experience
- Student demonstrates financial need
For this Application please use N/A for any of the content that doesn’t apply to you.( Example: if you’re a college student applying please use N/A for the High School portions of the application.)
Required Application Material:
- Two essays
- Resume of extracurricular, community service or work activities and briefly describe your involvement. This should be separate from the above essays, and no longer than two pages.
- OPTIONAL: One letter of recommendation (only one will be accepted) is optional or suggested if you think your transcript and resume do not entirely reflect your experiences. Recommender must submit this letter separately to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject, “YourName: UW SEEDScholarship 2020.”
- OPTIONAL: School Transcripts (official or unofficial). Submit transcripts to email@example.com with subject, “YourName: UW SEED Scholarship 2020.”
To apply, please visit www.tinyurl.com/seedscholarship2020