ONLINE CAREER RESOURCES TO EXPLORE
Classes and advising may have moved online, but there’s still plenty of career support available to you! Check out a few of these fantastic online resources to help you jumpstart your job search, craft a compelling resume, and network with confidence.
Targeted Resume: Beat the applicant tracking system with a resume tailored to the job description! After analyzing your resume and the job description, this tool identifies important missing keywords and skills help you improve your materials.
Resume Genius Action Verbs: A strong resume features bullet points with an action verb, the task, and the result. Use this website to gain ideas for action verbs to bring some variety to your resume bullet points.
My Job Search Tracker: The job search process has a lot of moving pieces and staying organized can be a challenge. Check out this great tracker created by our career adviser Julie Loh to keep everything in one place! Download it or save a copy to add in your information.
My Job Hunting Board: If you prefer a drag-and-drop interface for those moving pieces than a formatted spreadsheet, here is a Trello template board created by our career adviser Julie Loh! It includes template cards that contain a standardized description and checklist. You will need to create a Trello account to copy this template.
LinkedIn Alumni Search Tool: This searchable database allows you to find UW alumni on LinkedIn and filter by what they studied, where they work, and keywords in their profile. It’s a great way to find professionals doing the kind of work you are interested in and set up a phone or Zoom informational interview. Be sure to join the UW Alumni Group and UW iSchool Alumni Group as well.
International Student Resources
GoinGlobal: Country specific career guides for finding jobs in your home country and the United States. Includes a searchable database for companies that will sponsor H1B visas.
MyVisaJobs.com: A comprehensive resource for international students seeking jobs in the US. Lots of information about current hiring trends and job postings from companies willing to provide visa sponsorship.
This week is a perfect time to catch up on some of the workshops you may have missed throughout the quarter. Check out our Recorded iCareer Sessions page for recordings from the LinkedIn Lab, Behavioral Interviewing Workshop, and many more!
Online Appointments and Feedback
Caitlin and Julie are still offering career advising appointments through Zoom or by phone. Log in to iCareers and set up your appointment today! If you’d like feedback on your resume or cover letter, email it to email@example.com. You’ll receive feedback within 3 business days.
Snoopy Pic of the Week!
Baby Snoopy throwback pic because everyone could use some puppy love right now!
Positions for Consideration
- Hitch Talent Platform has a paid internship opportunity for a student interested in ontological curation. We are looking for a student that is motivated to help us improve our search, ranking, and algorithms starting with improving the ground truth. Looking for someone who believes that accurate information is the basis of improvement, comparison, and evaluation of products and their internal algorithms. You are driven, curious, flexible, detail oriented, analytical, and have a passion for using structure to solve problems.
You will be responsible for:
– Helping us setup guidelines based on product and feature goals.
– Developing and documenting rules and methodologies.
– Working and communicating with project stakeholders.
– Create and maintain data structures to facilitate ease of use and accessibility.
– Suggest improvements to help us scale and use end results.
If interested, please contact Nick McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Product Support Specialist, Edifecs; Handshake
- Associate Implementation Consultant, Edifecs; Handshake
- Big Data Engineer – Early Professional, IBM; Handshake
- Associate Product Manager Intern, Indeed; Handshake
- UI/UX Designer, Insurify; Handshake
- Enterprise Knowledge Management Summer Intern, Seattle Genetics; email email@example.com for a referral
Note: This position would be a good fit for MLIS students looking for enterprise taxonomy experience and for MSIM students in the IA/UX specialization track
- AEA Graduate Education Diversity Internship (GEDI), American Evaluation Association; WordPress
- Acquisitions/E-Resources Faculty Librarian, University of Central Missouri; WordPress
- Production and Digitization Technician, Gates Archive; WordPress
- Gates Archive Internship, Gates Archive; WordPress
- Technical Services & E-Resources Librarian, Dominican University; WordPress
- Instruction & Engagement Librarian, User Experience FAU Libraries; WordPress
- Collections Care Consultant, KAHS (Korean American Historical Society); WordPress
- Repository Services Manager, Washington University Libraries; WordPress
Questions or feedback? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org | iCareers