HOW TO GET VIRTUAL CAREER SUPPORT
In times of great uncertainty, one of the best things you can do is to focus on the things you can control. Many of you are understandably anxious about what is going on in the world. Know that Career Services team is here to help support you with some tangible steps you can take to keep moving forward. This includes helping you create an amazing resume, practice online interviewing skills, learn strategies for networking virtually, and providing some opportunities for social connection and career advice. Here are some of the ways we can support you during these challenging times:
Starting this week, Julie and Caitlin are offering online drop-ins through Zoom! These will be 15 minute appointments perfect for resume feedback or quick advice.
Tuesdays from 12-2pm with Julie
Wednesdays from 2-4pm with Caitlin
Small Group Career Coaching Sessions
Each week we will be offering a small group coaching session on a different career topic. These will be informal hangouts to learn career strategies, ask a career adviser questions, and connect with your fellow iSchool students.
Our first small group coaching session is happening this week!
Tailoring Your Resume (featuring special guest Snoopy the corgi)
Thursday, April 19th from 2:30-3:30pm
Resume, Cover Letter, LinkedIn Profile, and Portfolio Reviews
Want some feedback on your application materials and professional social media presence? Email your materials or links to email@example.com and one of the career services team members will provide detailed feedback within 3 business days.
Online Appointments and Feedback
Caitlin and Julie are still offering career advising appointments through Zoom. Log in to iCareers and set up your appointment today!
This week is a perfect time to catch up on some of the workshops you may have missed throughout the quarter. Check out our Recorded iCareer Sessions page for recordings from the LinkedIn Lab, Behavioral Interviewing Workshop, and many more!
Snoopy Pic of the Week!
Snoopy is working on setting up his home office.
Positions for Consideration
- Deloitte and Salesforce are teaming up to introduce a new partnered program: Discovering Salesforce Solutions by Deloitte Digital. This virtual program is a free, five-week learning journey for students interested in Salesforce consulting and development. The journey features a series of virtual seminars where you’ll hear from current practitioners on their experience with Salesforce. If you have an interest in consulting, Salesforce, or simply how technology is changing the world, then this program is for you! Sign up closes March 19th, 2020 and is open to all students based in the US, regardless of school, year, or major. Program dates are March 20th-April 17th, with one-hour seminars on March 20th, 27th, and April 3rd. Apply here and send any questions to DDSA@deloitte.com!
- The Data Incubator Fellowship Program, The Data Incubator, iCareers ID 10475
- Research & Instruction Librarian, Gettysburg College, iCareers ID 10462
Database Creator, Friends of Mt.Baker Safe Access: Street to Park, iCareers ID 10460
- Data Scientist Internship, Cambia Health Solutions, Handshake
- Data Analyst Internship, Tableau, Handshake
- Associate Product Manager, FormSwift, Handshake
- UX Writer Intern (Summer 2020), Lyft, Handshake
- Collection Management—Tenure Track Librarian, Spokane Community College, IOSS Blog
- Acquisitions/E-Resources Faculty Librarian, University of Central Missouri, IOSS Blog
Questions or feedback? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org | iCareers