Welcome to the 2015-16 Academic Year!
The staff in Student Services is excited to start another academic year! We have planned a number of events for Autumn quarter including chats with the Dean, a variety of career workshops and meet-the-firm events, as well as our traditional Spooky Study Break. For our online students: watch for ways to attend these events online or listen to the recordings at a later date.
Here’s a guide to the information you’ll find in this document:
- New iSchool Faculty
- iSchool Welcome and Orientation Evaluations
- iSchool Facilities
- iLounge and iSchool Computer Lab Etiquette
- Husky Card Access
- After-hours Building Permits
- iSchool and UW Student Conduct Policies
- Student Services Blog and Social Media
- Advising Emails
- Student Representatives for iSchool Committees
- Student Leadership Council
- Funding to Present at Conferences
- Scheduling Academic and Career Advising Appointments
- Viewing iSchool Events
- Accessing Internship, Job and Capstone Postings
- Conversations with the Dean
- Student Services Study Break
New iSchool Faculty
The iSchool hired six new faculty members. Some have taught for us part-time, some have returned after time teaching elsewhere, and some are brand new to the iSchool.
After teaching for the iSchool part-time, Mike Doane and Annie Searle are joining the iSchool as full-time lectures. Michael Freeman joined the iSchool last winter quarter, teaching a bit in spring and summer quarters.
iSchool Welcome and Orientation Evaluation
Attention new students: we want your feedback. Please take a moment to complete our survey about your program orientation and iSchool Welcome activities. The survey is available at https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/ioss/281700 . Deadline to complete the survey is Sunday, October 11th.
The iSchool offices exist in three different buildings spread across the U-District.
Mary Gates Hall is the home of the Dean’s Offices, Student Services, IT, as well as individual faculty offices. Continue reading