If you want to get into the world of political data and help lead data-driven campaigns, then Data BootCamp is for you. We’ll cover the basics of voter file data, skills to clean and manage data using Excel and SQL, strategies for targeting voters and structuring a campaign program, building and presenting information to report on campaign progress, and tactics for working effectively with other campaign departments.
Ideal candidates for BootCamp…
- Have an affinity for and some background working with data
- Have a thirst to learn more and are committed to affecting change through data
- Are not afraid of a challenge and are willing to take risks
- Can learn independently, but also work well in a team
Data BootCamp will take place in Washington, DC from May 17-23.
The cost of Data BootCamp is $2,000, and includes room and board. We’re also offering scholarships, payment plans, and ways to help you fundraise for your tuition. If you’re accepted, we’ll do everything we can to ensure cost is not a barrier to participation. So if you want to come, apply and we’ll figure out the rest later.
Data BootCamp admissions follows a three step process:
- Application + Resume Submission
- Basic Skills Test
- Interview (for finalists)
The application deadline for this training is March 31. The application is located here: http://act.neworganizing.com/survey/DBC_20140517_Application