Calling for Mentors and STEM enthusiasts who want to expand participation of STEM youth in Seattle!
The Dream Project and the 3DL Partnership are partnering with Neighborhood House High Point Center in West Seattle on an exciting new program called STUDIO. As STUDIO mentors, we engage middle-school and high-school youth in tinkering activities, art, health literacy, and opportunities to learn about STEM in higher education and careers.
Mentors attend hands-on sessions with youth and support them to develop habits of mind for learning and succeeding in STEM, school, and life.
Here’s how to sign up:
- Mentor at Neighborhood House from 3.30 – 6.30pm on Tinker Tuesday (High school) or Workin’ Wednesday (Middle school). Includes transport and transportation time!
- Join a 1-hour seminar on Friday 3.30 pm – 4.20pm. For credit (1- 3 credits per quarter), register for EDUC 421A, SLN 13840 (VLPA & I&S) with Leslie Herrenkohl
- Two quarter commitment preferred
- Fill out an interest survey at bit.ly/PO7t3Zso that we can tailor our seminar content to you!
- Email Meixi Ng at email@example.com for an add code or with any questions.
- Watch what we do here!
An Evening with Rwanda: “Finding Hillywood” Film Screening & More
Presented by the Value Sensitive Design Research Lab and FIUTS
Wednesday, April 23, 6:30-9:00PM
Ethnic Cultural Center Theater (3940 Brooklyn Ave NE)
Join us for an inspiring and informative film event and discussion to explore Rwanda’s history of transitional justice and healing since the 1994 genocide.
The program includes:
- Transitional Justice in Rwanda: A short film by Rwandan youth about transitional justice in Rwanda, and a few video clips from interviews with personnel (e.g., judges, prosecutors) from the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda. (www.tribunalvoices.org)
- Finding Hillywood: A one-hour feature documentary about the beginning of Rwandaʼs film industry, and a real life example of how art heals. Learn more and watch the trailer: http://findinghillywood.com/
- Discussion: A conversation with Leah Warshawski, Director of Finding Hillywood
More information: www.fiuts.org/events/calendar Join the event on Facebook: www.facebook.com/events/550340415083736/
African Studies Program
Center for Global Studies
Center for Human Rights
School of Law
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab